Wednesday, November 09, 2011

I am working ( i say to myself even as I sit at this keyboard)
Work has become life and life has become work.
I have stopped unhealthy associations with work as unpleasant,
something we only do for others, or for pay. Work is no longer just physical,
it can be emotional, relational, and spiritual as well.
    Some days when I bake bread or make soup, I consider it play, relaxing, decompressing! but the fact is that kneading bread dough is work, just as is kneading muscle tissue when I am giving a massage. Cleaning up the mess after a construction project and cleaning the kitchen floor are both valuable to me and both worth doing well.  I am working at seeing worth in all I do, and in the efforts of others.
   A lot of time when I write, or create poems it just flies off my fingers, and other times it is more laborious. Either way I want my work to be pleasing to God and to those intended to read, enjoy, apply the words I get down into their day or their lives. Once long ago a blog friend, reminded me of my own testimony here, quoted it back to me, and made me see that truth was still true, even though I was not feeling as strong, several moths later. Her words WORKED.

1 comment:

Amrita said...

Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ
Phil 1:6 (NIV)