Sunday, December 24, 2006

I believe in the angels and the shepherds...

I believe the Christmas story is much more than a story.

Hold on yo your hats, here I go with my end of year- holiday issue.

I believe a maid named Marian ( or its Hebrew equivalent ) became with-child in a way no other woman ever has. I believe God spoke to her and her husband, told them enough of their future and the child's mission that they could follow His leading and bring the child, Jesus, through love and obedience to a place of ultimate service to his fellow man.

This display of simplicity and narrow mindedness will turn some off, i understand that. If that is you, you are excused. For others who are seeking the Christ of Christmas, I will continue this on my other blog. ( I need to compose it first)

My link below, is me asking you to pray and believe God for a complete healing of cancer in a specific lady. Many of us know others who also neeed a touch from the healer. Jayne is another I am aware of . In comments you may pray ( boldly) for these others by name or place. You may also share a testimony of God's healing power in your life or someone you know.
It is Christmas after all, and the Miracle did not start or end in Bethlehem.

11 comments:

Prego said...

I'm not a praying man, but... my best wishes to the ladies in question.


Have a nice Christmas day, David.

here via michele tonight.
p

Catherine said...

Hi David, I have visited Minerva's blog to leave her a message. In reply to your comment on my blog, that's not bottlebrush (which is an Australian native) - it is a large tree, much larger than eight feet, and the flowers are rounder than the bottle brush flowers. I'm going to post another photo of one covered with blossom in the next day or so. Also of the cool "Carols by Candlelight" I attended. Have a great Christmas.

Michael K. Althouse said...

I'm with prego, in thought and deed. I am a living testimony of powers greater than we are, but I do not pretend to understand the unknowable. It is a personal relationship that I prefer to keep that way, however, if my prayers can benefit another, who am I to second guess such a humble request.

Mike, via Michele.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I wish you a Very Very Merry Christmas David and all good things in 2007.

We all have our own way of believing and it may be very different from others ways, but my belief is if one is good of heart and mind, praying in whatever way each of us does, can only help because it comes from a full heart wanting only the best, and it comes with positive thoughts....and that is what it's all about....doing good and caring for others.

Here from Michele this early Christmas Morning, 2006.

craziequeen said...

Merry Christmas David.. :-)

Keeping minerva in my thoughts always......

cq
Here via Michele

Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas to you and yours. Here via Michele.

Saija said...

Merry Christmas to you ...

the sweetness of the Christmas spirit must surely speak to the hearts of all ...

Dak-Ind said...

greetings from michele.

merry christmas to you.

we will keep your friends in our prayers and in our thoughts.

be well.

Danielle said...

merry christmas! i have been to minerva's and have her in my thoughts. here via michele's.

Anonymous said...

I will pray for her. Hope your Christmas was merry.

Belizegial said...

Hello David,

On my blog page sidebar is a link devoted to a courageous little girl Sahara Aldridge and her family who are engaged in the battle of their lives to save her.

Adding my prayer to all the others that things will work out well in the upcoming year for all those afflicted with Cancer

All the best Christmas wishes to you and yours.

Enid~