Tuesday, November 13, 2007

boxing stories

after doing 15 rounds with the
log splitter ( Dr. Mangler)
i was a bit whooped today.

I was not half bad compared to the
character of Jim Braddock in
Cinderella Man.
whoa, that man takes a licking
and I have not finished the movie so
I do not know if he will keep on ticking.
it has the ring of a fatal flaw,
too much desire and not enough self protection.

I am trying to learn from this movie.
and another book I just started
"The Giver"
recommended by someone at my church.

5 comments:

Russ said...

Mr. Mangler. That's just freakin' funny.

David Edward said...

yes, when profundity fails us, we here at Sugarloaf Mountain strive to at least be funny.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen this movie yet, but it's on my list of "to sees". Michele sent me.

BreadBox said...

It sounds like life on the mountain is not a breeze after all! Mind you, the pictures look stunning!
Enjoy how fit all this exercise will make/keep you;-)

Michele sent me to return the visit today
N.
ps check out the book "The Indian Clerk" by David Leavitt as well as the new Hawking book -- it is well written, a novelization of the life of Ramanujan and those who knew him.

carmilevy said...

That which does not kill us makes us stronger...

(I'll try to get some snow pics for ya in the days to come. I'm rather enjoying the transition to coolness. There's something comforting about pulling on a beloved parka and feeling its cozy embrace.)