Monday, April 16, 2007

my son is a rock


in a good way
or maybe he is resting on a rock solid foundation.
This week almost everything that was of value to him was stolen
in a span of seven days
His dirt bike was first, then his stereo and camera from his car
and then the rest of the car was stolen, with his art supplies and his art projects for school.
I can see real depth in him at moments like these.
His internal gyroscope keeps him steady
as the world buffets him with wind and waves of adversity.
I thank God for Jesus being his light and salvation.
and that the Father used Jared to bring me back to church two years ago.
May He who knows all, cause Jared's house to increase and his lands to multiply for he is a man after God's own heart. Shalom, son, we live in this world, but we are not of the world.
God has overcome the world and the ruler of this present darkness.
We are on the winning team.
God is good.

6 comments:

Catherine Detweiler said...

Yikes--that's a lot for a young man to deal with! Sure sounds like he has his priorities straight, though, to know that Jesus is more important than the "stuff." I know I tend to forget that at times.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

jel said...

sorry lost his stuff.

but am glad , that the Father used him to bring you back to church!

Unknown said...

I'm glad he is able to face adversity head on.

Jennifer said...

Goodness!! That's awful!! Is he losing this stuff on a college campus? or at work? Or at home? I don't think I'd handle that very well!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor guy - even though they are only material things, it is still hard to deal with.

David Edward said...

and now the tow yard wants $600. in impound fees to get the motorcycle out.