Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Prince of pain


it is good to have severe repair work done at a place where many of the students know how to pray and are not likely to curse.
this is a Seventh Day Adventist School.
Before the student started the 2 hour deep cleaning I read my bible, and pretended to be brave.
Much Novacaine and extreme patience on her part, and my teeth are scraped clean, and very sensitive to everything.
I look like crap in this self portrait, the lolipops are lidocaine, the goggles are splatter shields.
i felt like a blogger, taking pictures so I would have something to share from my day in the dental school.
This being the first of november, all the best to NAbloPOmo people like killered. and of course kudos to all the NANOWRIMO people starting their novels.
Thank you all who prayed for me. I am waiting til next week some time to have the extractions (4) Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

jel said...

you poor baby , you look so pitiful
I fill your pain, NO FUN :(


huggs

Fred said...

Ow...hope you're felling better!

Mike said...

I hate going to the dentist so I sympathize with you.

Michele sent me.

kenju said...

Good luck with that, David. I have been there, and it's no fun at all.

Michele sent me.

Snaggle Tooth said...

I found I got very sensitive after the deep cleaning proceedure also. tough in chilly weather!
Wow this pic brings back memories...
Best of luck with the extractions n recovery time. Not going under General-anaz are you? I did all mine with local- wide awake- n drove myself home (I'm brave, cheap, n foolish...)

Remember, Lidocaine is your friend- but don't drink it!
No talking! but write all ya want-

carmilevy said...

I admire your courage in capturing this in words and in pictures. Priceless. I hope you're feeling better as you read this.

(Sorry for the no-pictures thing today. Every once in a while, I revert to tect-only. I'll have new photos up soon. Promise.)