Saturday, October 30, 2010

Silver Saturday

hello.
I love my life, no doubt about that
even in the dark days or the less sunny seasons
I have kept my faith and my buoyancy with the help of
friends ( like you :-) ) and family - God bless them!
I have joy and peace that comes from knowing that
all is as it should be.
Proof of that last statement is this:
This is how it is, how could it be another way?

What God has given us is so much more than we expected
and so much more than we deserved.
My mom has had much more time than most women
to enjoy her comfy warm home, her dog, her beautiful mountain community
and recently to re-experience camping in the Sierra Nevada and locally.
She has been generous with her family, and it has come back to her,
she gets the kind of loving care and attention that we all would want.
I can sense the gratitude in her heart for being able to be
in her own home, not on strong pain medications
and able to visit freely with those who come to call and pray with her.

We are ever so thankful that God has made this day
and filled it with such beauty.
Thank you for your prayers.
Mom lives, and fully, until she is translated into God's presence at some future time.

3 comments:

Donetta said...

it brings my heart joy to hear of lives like yours.
May peace continually surround you holding fast that gratitude.

Amrita said...

Thank you for your praye r for Mama and me. We are going through some troublesome times, but God is with us. daily we are facing ne w challenges.

Sometime s I feel i have come to the end o f my rope, but feel the everlsting arms underneath me.

you hav e been such a giid , faithful an d strong son and caregiver to your Mom , David.

I pray for you an d Mom, may Go d surround you with his peace and grace and may you feel the presence of His angels round about you.

Amrita said...

I post a music video on my blog and the lyrics are so beautiful

Lay your burden down, lay your burden down
Take your troubled soul, your tired mind
And lay your burden down
Lay your burden down, get your feet on solid ground
Take your worries to the foot of the cross, and lay your burden down

Lay your burden down, lay your burden down
Take your weary life, your heavy load, and lay your burden down
Lay your burden down, get your feet on solid ground
Take your failures to the foot of the cross, and lay your burden down

(Lay your burden down)
You've been tryin' hard to make it all alone
Tryin' hard to make it on your own
And the strength you once were feelin', isn't there no more
And you think the wrong you've done, is just too much to be forgiven
But you know that isn't true
Just lay your burden down, He has Forgiven you

Lay your burden down, lay your burden down
Take your burden to the cross, and lay it down
Lay your burden down, lay your burden down
Take your worries to the cross and lay them down