Friday, February 27, 2009

Book started - book abandoned

I think I will really like "the Horse Whisperer" By Nicholas Evans.
His writing sounds somewhat like my thinking. His characters have my flaws, his words make my eyes see what I would not otherwise see. I like this. Like everything else this year, it is new to me.

A book I was having some fun ( haha) with was "He's Scared, She's Scared" by Steven Carter and Julia Sokol It examines our need to belong to another and the conflict that presents with our need to be independent. In the self help category it is one of my top ten. I just don't need it as much this week as last. I must say there were plenty of "holy &^%#!" moments when I saw my actions in the column of THINGS NOT TO DO. I am a nut, I know that. I am a lovable nut and a loving person, and for now that will just have to be enough. So I put this book down, but I recommend it highly.

New visitors will want to know this about me:
I now live at my mom's to take better care of her
I consider it a calling from God, and a blessing.
It has changed my life completely.
For many years God has been a big part of my life and my children have embraced Him.
Weakness and confusion are temporary states, not to be lived in, just visited, so I am moving on from the foolishness of the past several years. Part of my recovery is attending Calvary Chapel here in Big Bear Lake. It is a great place to worship. If you have never worshiped on bent knees with hands raised, and tears in your eyes, you have an experience waiting for you.
I love Friday's, even though I do not have weekends off.

7 comments:

Amrita said...

Thank you for the summary of your life David.

Gald to hear you attend Calvary Chapel.

Wasn 't it started by Chuck somebody?

Kathryn said...

Happy Friday, David. Enjoy it!

I'm glad you are feeling connected at Calvary Chapel. I think we'll continue plugging on at the Lutheran church.

Have a good one.

Pat said...

Hi David. I'm glad Tanya sent me. Your mother is a very lucky woman - please give her my best wishes.
I'm just finishing the book I'm reading and get a bit panicky in case I don't find another good one.
Don't work too hard over the week-end.

craziequeen said...

hey david, came over here at Tanya's behest :-)

I love that you're helping with your mom - I bet she's glad to have her son around to help.

btw - would you look at that handsome boy, Jared! And there's him helping his dad like his dad is helping his mom...

I am so proud to know you, and through you your lovely family.

cq

Tawcan said...

It's great to hear that you're helping with your mom. I'm sure she fully appreciates all your helps.

Here via Tanya. She said hi too.

Sleepypete said...

I don't abandon books too often, I'm stubborn enough to plough on through them even if it takes me months :-) Last one I walked away from was Heinlein's Stranger In A Strange Land. Will have to put that right some day and finish it :-)

Just dropped by to say cheers for the visit and to let you know that every one of the fun comments you add in where I spot you (and especially on Tanya's/Michele's!) are guaranteed to pull out a grin at minimum and a neighbour-disturbing laugh in the case of the bag comment :-)

Better to be a little nutty and Interesting than to be one of the characterless people lost in the crowd :-)

Bobkat said...

It is so great that you are looking after your mother and heartily agree with CQ.

I think there's a little (or big) nut in all of us at times. The book sounds interesting. I don't need something that right now either though like you, there have been times in the past 3 or 4 years when I have.

Have a great weekend!