Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Desiderata, part two:

"Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
and listen to others,
even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons;
they are vexatious to the spirit."

the full text is found by clicking this link

I live with the opposite of these lines daily
and have come to appreciate this truth by
seeing how difficult life is when it is not observed.

isn't Vexatious a great word????

your thoughts, dear readers and friends?
do comment

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to draw on an analysis/critique of this piece I participated in a few years ago....

the piece takes on the form of a homily rather than a poem as I referred in my earlier comment...

my interpretation is that it suggests protection of self rather than dying of self and we know the latter must take place in order to solidify our walk.... with Jesus...

vexatious....a great word, tough living with it

take heart...

d