Thursday, December 15, 2005

Reviews of movies I will never see

Time again for a review of a movie I will never see.

in fairness ( ROTFL) I did see the trailer, but I was afraid to get to near for fear of cooties.
Brokeback Mountain. Young men in love, with each other, and their poor wives!

Uh so why do we need to see this?
Homophobia is not a disease. its a protective device.
Has not this subject been covered sufficiently?
Plenty of gay cowboy movies out there, even some used ones on ebay
1458 movies come up when I type in the word gay.
1228 movies are listed when I put in the word cowboy.
there must be some overlap.

Ok I am never seeing this movie and you may be well advised to avoid it also.
Seven reasons:
You have to pay money.
You have to say to at least one person ( who takes your money) I want to see Brokeback Mountain.
The person behind you in line may misinterpret that.
You may sit behind or in front of people you would not normally spend 2 hours with.
Two hours elsewhere might yeild a pile of Christmas presents or a clean kitchen sink.
When Hollywood raves about a movie,its usually a piece of crap, this is a good example.
They want you to pay for this. Oh, that was number one? Cable and network TV are filled with envelope pushing gay agenda presenting features galore. Why pay for what is piped to your home every week from our 'friends" in the mainstream media.
Brokeback Mountain, save ten dollars, don't bother! you won't worry about what is going on in the men's room during intermission either.

13 comments:

mreddie said...

I like and agree with your line "when Hollywood raves about a movie, it's usually" - not worth two cents, much less ten bucks. ec

won tong said...

THANKS FOR THE TIP.. BEING FROM THE HOLLYWEIRD INDUSTRY GOING WAY BACK AND MUSIC INDUSTRY I AM VERY CRITICAL AS I HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED TO PAY ATTENTION TO GOOD MATERIAL AND THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN.. THE OLD KAY GORDEN MURRAY SPANISH HORROR FLICKS WERE PITIFUL..I'M VERY SELECTIVE SO LOVED YOUR COMMENT.. HEY COULD YOU TELL ME IF YOU KNOW MY GOOD FRIENDS IN BB..THEY JUST BUILT A GOOD SIZE HOME NAME JEFF JAREMILLO LET ME KNOW I'M CURIOUS.. THANKS

tiffkindred said...

Hope you have a wonderful start your weekend! Best Wishes! Ox...t

Carol said...

David,
You know this is just the beginning...

Anonymous said...

David--
Not being PC is going to damage your image in your dear town, NOT! I am so happy to know a man who has convictions and is willing to state them and not be afraid of reprecussions. If you want to see a good, thought-provoking movie see Syriana, but be warned: you must use your whole brain to get it, not the usual 10%. Have a good day and sweet dreams

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm holding my comment till aftr I see this film. Yes, Indeed, I am definitely going to see it...I guess I have more respect for some of the folks working in Hollywood than you do...I'd rather see this than a lot of the rank stupid films that are churned out to bring in the money ast ther box office, with NOTHING to say...at least this film has convictions and I personally have a lot of respect for Ang Lee, the director...
Enough Said, for the moment.

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

have a good weekend!
jal

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Gotta say that this is one I will not be seeing.

Sandy said...

What? Gay Cowboys? yeeeee ha! No, but seriously? Man, does it have anythign to do with the title of the movie? Strange

ribbiticus said...

like naomi, i will hold off commenting until i've seen it. might even surprise me.

carmilevy said...

I've never liked westerns - regardless of their sexuality.

I would have passed either way.

Emily said...

Never heard of this film, until your blog! Now, I have to see it...once it's on DVD. I'm a renter of films...I can't stand theaters esp. when there are immature people around (and I don't mean children).

Anyway, thanks for the tip on an interesting film.

As for prejudging a movie, I try not to do that because that's like not reading a book because of it's cover. But to each it's own.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Came back David because though I haven't seen THAT movie yet, but still plan to...I did see SYRIANA..yes, it is a very good film..but, but but..be WARNED there is extreme violence in it..excrutiating 'I have to look away from the screen' vilolence...As for me? I'd rather see a love story, gay or straight!

Which of these do you really find more objectionable?