Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Walking disease

We have these summer visitors who come through town about this time of year.
They come from near San Diego, and are headed north through Oregon and Washington for a summer of fun and sightseeing. but they forgot their car, so they have to walk.
I give them a ride into town if I see them since they will be walking 18 to 20 miles a day for the next 4 to 5 months!!! I tell them they are crazy, but they do not listen. They have compulsive walking disease ( CWD) and the cure is letting them walk it off. I smile, I wave, I shake my head in disbelief. The walk toward the mountains and away from us, the normal, the sane, the trapped.
I hope they have a great time on the Pacific Crest Trail PCT

3 comments:

Jen said...

ummmmmmmmm you give them rides???? You let strangers in your car??? At first I thought they were weird, but now, I am wondering if you are the crazy one!

plasticdoc said...

Hi:, Just came across your blog. Intersting post and good looking site. I'm definitely going to visit again! I recently set up a new website just about San Diego dentists There are a lot of interesting dental articles. We will also feature Tijuana dentists If you have the time, please stop by and let us know how we can improve the site. Bob

Greg said...

Hello friendly Blogers if you are thinking about building stairs and building stairs Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on building stairs then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about building stairs and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://stairs444.com building stairs and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...