Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Mother's Day

I said to my son, "I am glad to not have to visit my Mom in the cemetery"
We were driving to church, and had to slow for someone coming out of Gold Mountain Memorial Park. I can't imagine not having my mom to visit, to care for, to lean on when I am wobbly.
As a father of three, I have been support for my beautiful children, and could not have done it without the love of my own family. Brothers and sisters are such a blessing, keeping us real, watching our back, filling in for us when we trip out.
I love being in a large family, and sensing the "togetherness" as we live our days in this chaotic world.
Children, take care of your parents. Brothers, care for your sister. Sisters. love your brothers, even when they are weird, and don't be afraid to tell them when they are being "a jerk". Society is you, family. Don't let the "world" tell you you are obsolete.

No comments: