Friday, March 06, 2009

Mish mash - Friday fish wrap*

book update:
Horse whisperer is moving along nicely
Bill Bryson's "A Walk in the Woods" is waiting in the wings
I found the Audubon society's guide to water birds at a thrift store for $.50

I was down yesterday, I promise not to let that happen today.
It helps to have good friends to talk it through.
and plan imaginary trips to tropical islands.
Although I could probably use an imaginary friend to take along to a real island.
What was that movie with Harvey the rabbit?

oh well, tea water has boiled, I will update this later

Yes, Sleepypete- I was impressed by the movie Defiance and the people whose story it told.
I am adding you to my blogroll, anyone else want to be on board?

* fishwrap is what I call the newspaper, although some use it for bird cage liner.

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Good morning. How do you make a fish wrap?

carmilevy said...

I'm honored by your inclusion of my little blog on your blogroll. Thank you.

So many neat images in this entry, David, all of them physically literary and oh so warm. I wonder what such "finds" like this will feel like when Amazon Kindles and their ilk have taken over the publishing world.

David Edward said...

K- I think it requires baggy pants, bad lyrics and a beat driven music machine. and of course a fish with no dignity!

craziequeen said...

Hey David, nice to see you meeting mah Crazie Boy SleepyPete :-)

I go to Tanya and she sends me right over to see my mountain man :-)

I am currently dipping into my Nelson DeMille book collection and enjoying 'The General's Daughter' - btw; book SO much better than the terrible film... :-)

I have been rather down lately - must be the time of year.
But, hey, life HAS to get better - yeah?

cq

Anonymous said...

I loved A Walk in the Woods and after reading it Joe and I hiked the Appalachian Trail for about 4 days. It goes through Floyd briefly and other places nearby.

I have eaten "fish and chips" wrapped in newsprint in England.

Be well. Netchick and me.

Snaggle Tooth said...

I like bird books, n have "North American Bird Guide" lost in the shelves here somewhere.
I loved horses when I was young, n could've been a horse whisperer!

I think that Jimmy Stewart movie was just named "Harvey."
I talk to my angels all the time, n never feel alone, but I bet it sure looks bad to other people sometimes!

Sleepypete said...

[biggrin] Think I'll be making some changes to my blogroll too after gaming later :-)

The local chippie here doesn't offer fish-wrap to read, they have sturdy cardboard boxes ...